The Graduate Program in Electrical Engineering covers diverse areas of knowledge related to the research carried out in the Department of Electrical Engineering and also in the Department of Control and Systems Engineering. These departments have an important infrastructure of research and teaching laboratories that include machines, high technology equipment, computer networks and a specialized library.
Projects and partnerships
The PPGEEL at UFSC has an important national and international influence. Several agreements and partnerships are signed between teaching laboratories and other institutions, such as those in the services and industrial sectors and with agencies supporting research and teaching
Areas of Concentration of PPGEEL
The areas of concentration are divided into the following lines of research:
- Communications and Signal Processing - Supervisor: Prof. Raimes Moraes.
- Eletromagnetism and Electromagnetic Devices - Supervisor: Prof. Patrick Kuo-Peng.
- Power Electronics and Electrical Drives - Supervisor: Prof. André Luis Kirsten.
- Biomedical Engineering - Supervisor: Prof. Jefferson Luiz Brum Marques.
- Electronic Materials, Devices, Circuits and Systems - Supervisor: Prof. Carlos Renato Rambo.
- Electrical Energy Systems - Supervisor: Prof. Katia Campos De Almeida.
- Embedded Systems - Supervisor: Prof. Eduardo Bezerra.